A Few Tips For You
Updated: Oct 16, 2019
Here are some cruise tips you may appreciate.
1. Use the phone in your cabin to set up wake up calls. Many times (even on Caribbean cruises) you’ll change time zones and you won’t even know it. Your cell phone will go screwy for sure. I once used my cell phone for a wake up call during our convention on the Norwegian Escape. I got dressed, left my room and while walking down the hall I noticed quite a few couples holding wine glasses and staggering down the hall. I thought “Wow…What a party ship!” I went to O’Sheehans pub and ate breakfast in a totally empty restaurant. Then, I realized it was 2am and not 7am!
2. Use the safe in your room to safeguard your valuables and passport. To make sure you don’t forget your belongings on the last night, stick the shoe you are going to wear the next day in the safe. That way, you won’t forget your valuables.
3. Wi-Fi on ocean ships is expensive and not consistent. So to save on Wi-Fi, do what the crew does. Wait until you get off the ship and there will be a little hole-in-the-wall shack that will have free Wi-Fi if you buy a drink. It’s a great time to catch up on your emails and sample a local brew that probably costs 2 $.
4. Ask you cabin steward for a power strip. You will need one to plug in all your cell phones, laptops and tablets. A typical cabin doesn’t have enough electrical outlets.
5. If you are going to drink a lot of alcohol, soda or water, consider buying a drink package. It’s pricey, but if you go a-la-carte, you will be in for a huge shock when you get you bill. Trust me on this one.
6. Use the What’s App (app) to stay in touch with all your friends all over the world and on the ship. It’s free. Ask your kids to explain it to you. It’ kinda like international texting.
7. If you are in port and not leaving the ship,consider getting a discounted spa treatment. The Spa will discount some of its services at least 20% while most of the passengers are off the ship doing shore excursions.
Hope these tips help you enjoy your next cruise! To plan your next cruise, click here!